Supporting the D.I.Y. Community

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What a good weekend!

I had a great time this weekend in NYC! I drove down to my parents house on Fri night and then took the train down to Grand Central on Sat morning. It's been a year since I've been in new york and I really felt like a country girl down in the big city. I missed my subway stop going to my old apartment in Brooklyn and my feet were killing me after a whole day of walking...

Anyway, I made it to Kate & Tom's apartment (which used to be mine and Kate's apartment), dropped off my overnight bag and then got back on the subway to go to Renegade. This year, the fair was double the size it was last year and was actually in an empty pool. You can't really tell from the pictures but trust me it was in a pool.

Renegade craft Fair

I wanted to buy everything! But I held myself back and just took it all in instead. The highlight of my day was getting to talk shop with Faythe Levine who owns the Paper Boat Boutique in Wisconsin and who is making the Indie Craft Documentary. It was great meeting people who I've only ever talked to over email.

After Renegade I went back to the apartment and Kate and I just got to hang for a bit. Kate is my oldest friend in the entire world. I've known her since we were in 2nd grade together and through all the years we've never lost touch. (Love ya Kate!)

Me & Kate

That night, Kate, Tom and I went out to dinner and then to a bar where they had Magic Hat on tap! We stayed out pretty late; well much later than I'm used to anyway. But I guess when you usually go to bed by 10p any time after that is late.

On Sunday I had brunch with my old mini boss J. Chase. I hadn't seen her in two years! I really need to get back to nyc more often. Then it was back to my parents house to see my Dad for Father's Day and go look at more potential wedding sites with my Mom.

On Monday it was back to VT and I brought Boomer back with me since my parents will be in Italy for the next few weeks. We are also watching Irma right now since Jess is in Asia so we'll have two dogs until after July 4th. Look how cute they are!

Boomer + Irma = Lovers

Alright that's enough for today. Also, I want to say THANKS to Kev for watching the store this weekend and doing an awesome job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home